Location : Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date : 24 October 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Secretary (PAP)
Purpose of Job
To provide secretarial and general administrative support services.
- • Arranges appointments and maintains calendar of activities for the supervisor.
- Prepares meetings both internal and external as assigned.
- Types, proof-reads, saves, classifies and dispatches documents, letters, memos,
- reports, faxes, emails.
- Drafts responses to correspondence
- Filing of all correspondence
- Placing shorthand, dictation and typing transcription verbatim and editing correspondence, documents and reports.
- Receives official guests and visitors.
- • Takes minutes and notes during meetings as assigned.
- Creates purchase requisitions for travel, stores requisitions and other services for the Division/Unit assigned.
- Maintains the Division/Unit retrievable filing system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Provides secretarial and administration support during Pan-African Parliament’s statutory meetings by preparing invitation letters and contracts for support staff.
- Maintains the diary of the activities of the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Management, Administration with three (3) years secretarial experience in a busy office or a Bachelor’sDegree in the above fields with two (2) years relevant work experience.
- •Good knowledge of modern office procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of computer programs at the user level i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Job Knowledge Sharing;
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA4 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than October 24, 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment