Location: Addis Ababa
Closing date : 2 January 2023
Vacancy : Secretary
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director, HRM
Directorate/Department: OLC, PMRM, Finance
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA4
Number of Positions: 3
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide secretarial and clerical support services to the assigned supervisor or Department for its effective functioning.
• Provides support for the provision of logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
• Liaises effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
• Prepares draft routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
• Contributes to the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
• Draft initial requests on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
• Prepares documents for meetings
• Keeps diary of Director and informs him/her accordingly and timeously
• Receives and maintains proper correspondence at the Directorate
• Prompts action on correspondence and other routine matters
• Maintains good computer file naming procedures.
• Types and proof-read documents, reports, correspondences, messages, queries, as may be required by assigned supervisors;
• Drafts responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors;
• Receives guests/visitors/staff and provide them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures;
• Maintains a proper filing and records management system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents;
• Answers and screens telephone calls/E-mail messages and ensure follow up with supervisors and partners;
• Keeps an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors and other senior staff of the division;
• Keep equipment in use in good condition and report on defects for maintenance and other necessary action;
• Provides day to day routine administrative supports to various work units of the assigned Department / Division / Units
• Performs reception services where required
• Performs any other relevant duty/responsibility assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Diploma in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical related studies with 3 years of relevant secretarial experience in Public Sector or international organization
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical related studies with 2 years’ relevant secretarial experience in any Public Sector or international organization;
• Typing Speed: 50 words per minutes
• Computer skills, including excellent word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using programmes such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Planning and organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication ability both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
Teamwork and Collaboration;
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
..Job Knowledge Sharing
Continuous Improvement Awareness;
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than 2 January 2023.
Requisition ID: 1517
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel