Location : Maseru, Lesotho
Closing Date : 7 November 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Senior Child Rights Promotion Officer
Purpose of Job
The Senior Child Rights Promotion Officer shall provide the technical assistance in the implementation of activities in line with the promotion mandate of the ACERWC
• Provide support in the preparation and Implement the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan;
• Ensure effective coordination and implementation of Unit’s plans and activities at various levels;
• Liaise with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and other relevant stakeholders on relevant matters;
• Prepare and develop reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division;
• Provide support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholders’ coordination;
• Manage and supervise direct reports to ensure their effective performance as per organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Conduct complex analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
• Liaise with the various Departments/Units of the ACERWC for coordination and alignment purposes;
• Prepare budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required;
• Actively contribute in the development of strategies, policies, programmes and plans.
• Prepare the various documents around the State Party Reporting mechanisms before the ACERWC including developing the list of issues, concluding observations
• Follow up the implementation of the concluding observations and recommendations in the respective countries.
• Organize the various advocacy/lobbying missions regarding submissions State Party Reports on the implementation of the African Children’s Charter;
• Prepare the relevant documents around the complementary reports submitted by Civil Society Organizations
• Assist the Secretariat in receiving complaints and determining whether they meet the requirements as prescribed in the African Children’s Charter and the Revised Guidelines on Consideration of Communications by the ACERWC
• Organize on site investigation and follow up missions in the concerned State Parties as directed by the ACERWC
• Assist the Secretariat to produce periodic research reports on issues related to the Committee’s promotional mandate including specific thematic research and progress reports on the implementation of the ACRWC and various policy instruments and decisions on the rights of children.
• Follow up the applications of Observers Status received by the Secretariat
• Follow up on the implementation of the Decisions on the AU Policy Organs and other AU organs related to children rights
• Prepare and organize the Committee meetings as well as activities or all meetings involving the Committee; cover the sessions and meetings of the Committee and prepare the reports.
• Assist the Secretariat in drafting General Comments of the ACERWC on selected provisions of the Charter
• Enhance collaboration between the ACERWC and other AU Organs with a mandate on human rights including the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights and the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights.
• Participate in seminars, workshops, conferences on issues related to the rights of children as designated by the Secretariat and the ACERWC
• Prepare information materials on the Committee’s programmes and strategies with the authorization of the Secretariat and ACERWC
• Coordinate the activities of Special Mechanisms within the ACERWC
• Assist in advocacy/lobbying missions regarding submissions State Party Reports on the implementation of the African Children’s Charter
• Assist in submission the relevant documents around the complementary reports and briefings submitted by Civil Society Organizations.
• Work towards enhancing the visibility and credibility of the work of the Committee
• Assist ACERWC in improving the efficiency and timeliness of information sharing and documentation to foster the implementation of the Committee’s mandate particularly as it relates to the State party reporting procedures
• Assist in Coordination of a network of national, sub-national and international partners to promote children’s rights and welfare.
• Assist any child promotion related activities as may be assigned by the Secretariat or the ACERWC
• Perform any child promotion related activities as may be assigned by the Secretariat or the ACERWC
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Human Rights Law, Social Work, Child Promotion, or any related social science fields. At least eight (7) years of relevant professional experience out of which three (3) years of at supervisory level
• A University bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned areas of study, with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which three (3) years of at supervisory level.
• Previous experience with a human rights organization, especially a child rights organization, at a regional, continental, or international level, will be an added advantage.
• Training in Human Rights, Child Safeguarding and/or Protection is desirable
• Good knowledge of the African System of human rights
• Relevant experience working on child rights issues in Africa
• Relevant exposure to the work of the ACERWC and the African Human Rights System
• Strong analytical and drafting skills;
• Excellent drafting and report writing skills;
• Good communication, planning and negotiating skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and in a multi- cultural environment;
• Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
• Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Relevant experience working with the African Union particularly on the African Human Rights system is necessary;
• Previous experience with a human rights organization, especially a child rights organization, at a regional, continental or international level, will be an added advantage.
• Relevant experience working on child rights issues in Africa is required
• Relevant exposure to the work of the ACERWC and the African Human Rights System will be a preferred advantage
• Very good ability to work with MS-Office applications including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint etc.
• Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
Foster Accountability Culture….
Communicating with Influence…
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge Sharing;
Drive for result…
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 100,972.49 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 83,397.18 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than 7 November 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Algeria Jobs
- Angola Jobs
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Azerbaijan Jobs
- Benin Jobs
- Botswana Jobs
- Burkina Faso Jobs
- Burundi Jobs
- Cameroon Jobs
- Cape Verde jobs
- Careers A-Z
- Central African Republic (CAR) Jobs
- Chad Jobs
- China jobs
- Common Interview Questions
- Comoros jobs
- companies in zimbabwe
- Congo-Brazzaville Jobs
- Cuba Jobs
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Jobs
- Djibouti Jobs
- Dominican Republic Jobs
- Ecuador Jobs
- Egypt Jobs
- El Salvador Jobs
- Equatorial Guinea Jobs
- Eritrea jobs
- Ethiopia Jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Gabon Jobs
- Gambia Jobs
- Ghana Jobs
- Guatemala Jobs
- Guinea Jobs
- Haiti Jobs
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- Indonesia Jobs
- International Day
- International Jobs
- Israel Jobs
- Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) Jobs
- Japan Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jordan Jobs
- Kazakhstan Jobs
- Kenya Jobs
- Lesotho Jobs
- Liberia Jobs
- Madagascar Jobs
- Malawi Jobs
- Mali Jobs
- Mauritania Jobs
- Mexico Jobs
- Morocco Jobs
- Mozambique Jobs
- Myanmar Jobs
- Namibia Jobs
- Nepal Jobs
- Niger Jobs
- Nigeria Jobs
- NURSING INTAKE
- Pakistan Jobs
- Peru Jobs
- Philippines Jobs
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Rwanda Jobs
- Senegal Jobs
- Sierra Leone Jobs
- Somalia Jobs
- South Africa (SA) Jobs
- South Sudan Jobs
- Sri Lanka Jobs
- Sudan jobs
- Tanzania Jobs
- Teachers College
- Thailand Jobs
- Togo Jobs
- Tunisia Jobs
- Uganda Jobs
- Ukraine Jobs
- United State of America (USA) Jobs
- University Programmes
- Uzbekistan Jobs
- Viet Nam Jobs
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- Zambia Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment