Location : Addis Ababa
Closing date : 12 December 2022
Vacancy : Senior HR Generalist
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Head of AHRMD
Directorate/Department : African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)
Division : Administration and Human Resources Management
Number of Direct Reports: 9
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P4
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
Enables AfCFTA to achieve objectives in its various Departments and Directorates.
• Supervise the execution of the end to end recruitment and the on-boarding processes as per the AU policies and manuals in a timely manner to secure effective staffing to the organization
• Provide technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate.
• Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the division/directorate’s support to AfCFTA
• Contribute to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
• Involve in HR negotiations when needed.
• Foster and ensure implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships.
• Support the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
• Develop training materials and provide on-the-job training required on regular basis and in a systematic manner to maintain the optimum level of performance of the unit.
• Provide technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
HR Planning and Organizational Development:
• Contribute in the development and implementation of the AfCFTA HR strategy and initiatives.
• Leads the design, development and implementations of programmes, policies, strategies, procedures and processes to meet current and evolving organizational development needs and goals
• Prepare training and create awareness strategies about the HR strategy to ensure that it is communicated to all staff and other relevant stakeholders.
• Engage with the Human Resources Team in developing tools to monitor the key Human resources strategies and deliverables including SOPs and SLAs.
Recruitment and Selection:
• Provide professional expertise and design, develop and implement the talent acquisition strategy inclusive of employer branding that is aligned to the Directorate’s strategy and is required to achieve organization goals and results.
• Design and define approaches, standard operating procedures, guidelines and up to date tools used in recruitment processes.
• Oversee preparation of vacancy announcement and ensure effective and cost-efficient use of AU advertisement platforms by conduct data analysis on the impact of the use of various platforms in meeting targets;
• Oversee short-listing and interview processes and ensures compliance to set practices and guidelines.
• Oversee and ensure timely preparation of correspondences, documents required for recruitment, appointment, upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests until approval and timely committees meeting organization;
• Oversee on-boarding of recruited personnel in a timely manner, and maintenance of a roster database of qualified professionals to rapidly respond to talent management needs.
Performance and Culture Management:
• Design, develops and support organization-wide programs and activities that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management;
• Develops the AfCFTA corporate culture in line with the organization’s vision, values to provide clear accountability and decision making;
• Promotion of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion programmes within the AfCFTA Secretariat
• Manages the maintenance and execution of the performance management system including up to date job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments
• Provide day-to-day performance management support and guidance to line managers and staff through one to one meeting, coaching, counselling, career development session as well as through remedial actions;
• Conduct regular meetings with respective client departments/Organs and work closely with management and employee to provide guidance on interpretation of HR rules and policies, improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
Leadership and Talent Management/Development:
• Leads and manages the design, development and implementation of an integrated talent management system to achieve AfCFTA strategic objectives
• Assesses the critical organizational needs, skills and developmental competencies and prepare report for management decision
• Develop, initiate and maintain effective programmes for workforce retention, promotion, career and succession planning.
HR operational transactions:
• Oversees effective management of staff entitlements and benefits;
• Reviews and monitors the day-to-day human resources operations, identifies trends and emerging issues to report on risks, key performance indicators and proposes improvements;
• Establishes quality control mechanisms through client surveys and periodic data quality assurance reviews for continuous improvement of service delivery
• Ensure continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization from participation in new staff onboarding/induction activities to separation.
• Use the Organization’s HRIS to solve business needs/problems and promote proactive approaches to using HRIS for people analytics for informed management decisions;
• Analyze and direct all function-related activities within the scope of the human resource operations unit with regard to staff contracts and payroll-related benefits, including leave management;
• Monitor and release master data entry on the SAP system (personnel actions) and generally ensure the quality and integrity of HR master data in the SAP system.
• Performs any other related HR duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or Public Administration with 10 years of progressive responsibility experience in Human resources management or recruitment out of which 6 years at as a generalists/expert level and at least 3 years at supervisory level
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration with 12 years of progressive responsibility experience in Human Resources Management or Organizational Development in an international, regional or national organization out of which 6 years as a generalists/expert level and at least 3 years at supervisory level
• HR Professional certifications is an added value.
• Proven use (or certification) in Competency Based Interview will be an added advantage
• Proven use of Psychometrics batteries (or certification) will be an added advantage
• Proven use of Application Tracking System (ATS).
• The knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors will be an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Sound planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Strategic Insight ….
Developing others ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
Learning Orientation ….
Communicating with Influence ….
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Drive for Result ….
Continuous Improvement Orientation:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 12, 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID: 1491
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel