Location : Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date : 24 October 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Senior International Relations Officer (PAP)
Purpose of Job
To ensure the development of cooperation strategies, facilitates communication between PAP and external stakeholders, promoting a positive and collaborative relationship.
• Advises on issues of external, diplomatic and international nature.
• Acts as contact point in the communication of PAP with the international community.
• Regularly scans the environment to monitor developments in the external world that have an impact on PAP’s operations.
• Collates and prepares reports on matters of relations and cooperation.
• Ensures that report of Resource mobilisation efforts in the PAP is submitted timely to Management.
• Responsible for planning, promoting and maintaining good relations between PAP and the international and regional community, including national and regional parliaments, development organisations, national governments, development partners, the private sector and non-governmental organisations.
• Facilitates the implementation of PAP’s headquarters agreement with the host country.
• Negotiates and lobbies on behalf of PAP in areas of cooperation and mobilisation of both human and financial resources.
• Facilitates the development and maintenance of database with contact details of PAP Development partners and stakeholders.
• Promotes positive image and objective understanding of work and activities of PAP.
• Supervises the function of Resource MobilisationPerforms any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in International Relations/Diplomacy or Public Administration with seven (7) years relevant work experience, of which, at least three (3) should be at supervisory level in an international organization.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in the above-mentioned fields but with ten (10) years of experience, at least three (3) of which should be at supervisory level in an international organisation.
Candidates are expected to be familiar with the operations of Parliaments.
• Interpersonal skills, a teamwork orientation and ability to interact harmoniously and effectively in a multi-cultural environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines, perspectives, countries and cultures.
• Ability to make objective decisions and resolve problems, exercising the highest sense of responsibility in the handling of confidential and sensitive issues in a reasonable and mature manner.
• Diplomatic skills and the ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations, with tact and emotional maturity without losing composure.
• High ethical standards, integrity and a deep sense of fairness
• Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages, knowledge of other working languages would be an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Developing others ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
Communicating with Influence…
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge Sharing;
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 24 October, 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment