Location : Maseru, Lesotho
Closing Date : 6 December 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Senior Program Officer (ACERWC)
Purpose of Job
The ACERWC is a human rights organ of the AU with the mandate to promote and protect the rights and welfare of children in Africa. The Committee was established by the Organization of African Unity (OAU), now the African Union (AU), by virtue of Article 32 of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (The African Children’s Charter) to monitor the implementation of the Charter.
In view of the above background, the AU invites qualified and competent applicants who are citizens of Member States of the African Union with relevant skills, competencies and experiences to submit their applications for the position of Senior Program Officer at the Secretariat of the ACERWC based in Maseru, the Kingdom of Lesotho.
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible in the overall program management and coordination including monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Provide technical and intellectual support in the management of various elements related to the area of expertise
- Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Secretariat’s support to AU.
- Assist in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and contribute to their implementation
- Contribute to development of guidelines, policies and manuals that can guide programmes, system improvement initiatives and overall decision making by higher management in the respective area of expertise.
- Provide support to the implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
- Assist in the organization of thematic networks, make contributions during consultations and meetings
- Contribute in development of materials and provide necessary training and support to the Secretariat’s units as required.
- Provide technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
- Coordinate the overall program management including monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Assist implementation and monitoring of programmes and activities;
- Analyses child rights and policy issues and suggest strategies and prepare lessons learnt related to monitoring of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the child;
- Ensure that agreed monitoring and evaluation activities takes place and are of high quality including monitoring expenditures under programs/projects for which she/he is responsible;
- Maintain regular financial controls of the programs/projects including ensuring that spending is in-line with approved budget;
- Production of high quality project narrative & financial reports as per the periods agreed;
- Ensure submission of timely progress reports;
- Monitor and report on programmatic and financial risks;
- Ensure timely release of funds and supply and ensure that cash are promptly and correctly liquidated
- Support regional convening’s of ACERWC through developing meeting materials, participant list, and regular communication with co-conveners; • Perform any other relevant duty/responsibility assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Masters Degree in Social Sciences or related fields of study and at least seven (7) years of relevant professional work experience of which three (3) years should be at supervisory level.
- A University Bachelor Degree in the above-mentioned areas of study, with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which three (3) years of at supervisory level.
- Demonstrated experience in in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation;
- Previous experience with a human rights organization, especially a child rights organization, at a regional, continental or international level, will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the African System of human rights
- Relevant experience working on child rights issues in Africa
- Relevant exposure to the work of the ACERWC and the African Human Rights System
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems;
- Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program/project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
- Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Developing others ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
Learning Orientation ….
Communicating with Influence ….
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
Drive for Result ….
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 6, 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
National E-Recruitment of Registered General Nurse Training January 2023 Intake
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment