Location : Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date : 24 October 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Senior Protocol Officer (PAP)
Purpose of Job
To support and implement strategies, policies and procedures relating to diplomatic privileges, courtesies and protocol-related services required by Pan-African Parliament operations within the AU system, in the host country and externally.
• Provides the necessary advice on protocol-related issues to the PAP in accordance with diplomatic norms, especially with regards to privileges and immunities from the relevant South African authorities on behalf of the Bureau and staff members;
• Maintains updated records of requirements of each embassy, travel advisories as well as changes in immigration policies and communicate same to the Bureau and PAP staff regularly;
• Co-ordinates requests for import/export permits for vehicles and other goods and personal effects for the Organization and its staff;
• Facilitates the issuance of administrative and legal documents on behalf of the Bureau and staff (resident IDs, Visas etc);
• Facilitates separation procedures of staff from the services of the PAP;
• Maintains close working relationship with relevant authorities of the Host Country with a view to updating the PAP (Legal Unit) on the challenges faced in the practical implementation of some provisions of the Host Country Agreement;
• Facilitates the organisation of ceremonies and official functions (e.g. receptions, cocktails, luncheons and dinners)
• Ensures that airport protocol services are accorded the Bureau members, Members of Parliament, VIPs and staff members;
• Liaises with the relevant offices of the AUC, AUC specialized organizations and other partner institutions in organizing and servicing protocol requirements of the PAP meetings as appropriate.
• Supervises accreditation, laissez passer, work permits and related documents for the MPs and staff of PAP and their renewals when due.
• Prepares, on a regular basis, PAP diplomatic missions and related stakeholders lists and updates them with correct names, titles, full addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
• Performs any other duties as may be directed by the Deputy Clerk – Finance, Administration & Human Resources.
• Carries out periodic review of the PAP Protocol Manual;
• Prepares and supervises the implementation of the Unit annual work plans and schedules;
• Prepares and updates profiles of all official visitors to the President and the Clerk and archive protocol related documents of historical value;
• Maintains updated records of requirements of each embassy, travel advisories as well as changes in immigration policies and communicates them to PAP staff regularly.
• Prepares information guidelines for dignitaries and executive visitors to PAP
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s degree or its equivalent in Communications, Diplomacy, Public Administration, Humanities or Social Sciences or related field, and seven (7) years of relevant work experience in the management of Protocol, External Relations or Communications with at least three (3) years at a supervisory level in an international organisation.
• A Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields but with eight (10) years of experience, at least three (3) at a supervisory level in an international organisation.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a teamwork orientation and ability to interact harmoniously and effectively in a multi-cultural environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines, perspectives, countries and cultures.
• Ability to make objective decisions and resolve problems, exercising the highest sense of responsibility in the handling of confidential and sensitive issues in a reasonable and mature manner.
• Diplomatic skills and the ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations, with tact and emotional maturity without losing composure.
• High ethical standards, integrity and a deep sense of fairness are competencies required of the incumbent.
Teamwork and Collaboration;
Accountability awareness and Compliance;
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing..
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 24 October, 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment