Location : Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Closing date : 12 December 2022
Vacancy : Senior Quality Assurance and Control Officer -Information Systems
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head of Quality Assurance and Control
Directorate/Department: Quality Assurance and Control
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide operational and technical support for the effective implementation of the commission’s objectives on information systems management.
• Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various elements related to the area of expertise
• Ensures best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Office’s support to AU.
• Assists in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
• Fosters and ensure implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
• Assists in the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
• Develops materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units as required.
• Provides technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
• Formulates and implements research programs in information systems management and disseminates findings.
• Formulates recommendations to address the main inefficiencies
• Manages databases and ensure timely collection and dissemination of data;
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to achieve organizational goals;
• Ensures the quality of collected specific data for accuracy, consistency and comparability;
• Develops new or improved statistical methods and quantitative models for analyses and projections
• Reviews management information systems files on whether they meet quality Standards and offer technical advice on how to handle the posed situations for informed decision making
• Plans and conducts analytical programmes of Information Systems and ensure compliance to the existing rules and regulations
• Provides guidance and advice to other departments, field experts, etc., in the planning, operation and evaluation of Information Systems programmes and projects;
• Submits periodic reports for approval and consideration
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Quality Assurance and Control.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Computer science, or related fields with seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience as IT expert/Specialist or related area out of which three (3) years should be at expert/specialist level. Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management with ten (10) years relevant experience out of which three (3) should be at expert/specialist level.
• Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Communicating with Influence…
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge and information sharing…
Drive for Result ….
Continuous improvement orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 12, 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1507
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel