SKILLED WORKER 1 ELECTRICIAN x 4 at City of Harare, Jobs in Zimbabwe 2023
Location : Harare
Closing Date : 5 June 2023
City of Harare
Vacancy : SKILLED WORKER 1 ELECTRICIAN (4 POSITIONS)
GRADE : 9
REPORTING TO : FOREMAN ELECTRICIAN
LOCATION : ELECTRICAL PLANT & PUBLIC LIGHTING WORKSHOPS
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancies in the Electrical Plant and Public Lighting Workshops in the Mechanical and Electrical Services Division of the Department of Works.
Responsible for installation and maintenance of High mast tower lights, streetlights, facilities, electrical plant and equipment such as power transformers, welding generators, standby power generators, motors and control gear, industrial stoves, air conditioning, ventilation systems and
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Installation and maintenance of High mast tower lights, streetlights, facilities, electrical plant and equipment.
- Installations of overhead and underground LV and HV electrical power distributions
- Planned maintenance (Inspects, diagnoses and corrects/repairs failed or malfunctioning equipment.)
- Reads and interprets electrical circuit diagrams and other engineering drawings.
- Troubleshooting electrical faults using appropriate testing kits and equipment.
- Advises and recommends on methods of repair.
- Training, appraising and supervision of semi-skilled workers, apprentices, assistants and students
- Ensures safe working environments in line with the Electrical Safety Regulations, Factories & Works Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Environmental Management Act.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprenticeship trained in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 3 years post qualification experience OR a minimum 5 years post qualification experience in a reputable organisation for non- apprentice trained candidates.
- National Craft Certificate in Electrical Power Engineering.
- SW1 Journeyman qualification.
- High Voltage switching certification up to 33kV is an added advantage.
- At least Class 4 Driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Local Authority will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND DESIRED COMPETENCES
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of lighting circuits.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical plant equipment installations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of various motor starting and motor protection schemes.
- High voltage switching appreciation
- Competent in cable sizing and selection.
- Reading and appreciation of electrical wiring diagrams and basic installation design appreciation.
- Micro-solar plants and backup power installations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer and female applicants are
encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
A written application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae including certified copies of both educational and professional qualifications and three (3) traceable references should be submitted to the:
The Acting Human Capital Director
Rowan Martin Building
P. O. Box 1680
Or hand deliver to Records Office, Basement, Room B38 at Rowan Martin Building.
To arrive not later than 5 JUNE 2023
CLEARLY STATE ON THE ENVELOPE THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
NOTE: Only short-listed applicants will be responded to
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Morgan Zintec College and Madziwa Teachers College Vacancies May 2023
- Zimplats Graduate Learnership Programme 2023
- Mkoba Teachers College September 2023 Intake
- NOIC Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2023
- Midlands State University (MSU) August 2023 Intake
- Job Opportunities at Mutare Polytehnic May 2023
- CIMMYT Vacancies May 2023
- Zimbabwe Tourism Authority Vacancies May 2023
- Grain Marketing Board (GMB) Vacancies May 2023
- Masvingo Polytechnic Lectureship Vacancies May 2023
- Willowvale Motor Industries Vacancies May 2023
- Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) Vacancies May 2023
- Graduate School of Business Lectureship Vacancies at National University of Science and Technology, May 2023
- Africa University Vacancies May 2023
- University of Zimbabwe (UZ) Agro-Industrial Park Vacancies May 2023
- Bakers Inn Apprenticeship Intake 2023
- Masvingo General Hospital Successful candidates for RGN and PCN Student Nurses Selection 2023
- Apprenticeship Trainees at Zimplats, May 2023
- Access Forex Vacancies May 2023
- Latest Vacancies at Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS), May 2023
Apply for the African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023 HERE.
DIsclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Algeria Jobs
- Angola Jobs
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Azerbaijan Jobs
- Benin Jobs
- Botswana Jobs
- Burkina Faso Jobs
- Burundi Jobs
- Cameroon Jobs
- Cape Verde jobs
- Careers A-Z
- Central African Republic (CAR) Jobs
- Chad Jobs
- China jobs
- Common Interview Questions
- Comoros jobs
- companies in zimbabwe
- Congo-Brazzaville Jobs
- Cuba Jobs
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Jobs
- Djibouti Jobs
- Dominican Republic Jobs
- Ecuador Jobs
- Egypt Jobs
- El Salvador Jobs
- Equatorial Guinea Jobs
- Eritrea jobs
- Ethiopia Jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Gabon Jobs
- Gambia Jobs
- Ghana Jobs
- Guatemala Jobs
- Guinea Jobs
- Haiti Jobs
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- Indonesia Jobs
- International Day
- International Jobs
- Israel Jobs
- Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) Jobs
- Japan Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jordan Jobs
- Kazakhstan Jobs
- Kenya Jobs
- Lesotho Jobs
- Liberia Jobs
- Madagascar Jobs
- Malawi Jobs
- Mali Jobs
- Mauritania Jobs
- Mexico Jobs
- Morocco Jobs
- Mozambique Jobs
- Myanmar Jobs
- Namibia Jobs
- Nepal Jobs
- Niger Jobs
- Nigeria Jobs
- NURSING INTAKE
- Pakistan Jobs
- Peru Jobs
- Philippines Jobs
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Rwanda Jobs
- Senegal Jobs
- Sierra Leone Jobs
- Somalia Jobs
- South Africa (SA) Jobs
- South Sudan Jobs
- Sri Lanka Jobs
- Sudan jobs
- Switzerland Jobs
- Tanzania Jobs
- Teachers College
- Thailand Jobs
- Togo Jobs
- Tunisia Jobs
- Uganda Jobs
- Ukraine Jobs
- United Kingdom Jobs
- United State of America (USA) Jobs
- University Programmes
- Uzbekistan Jobs
- Viet Nam Jobs
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- Whatsapp Group Links 2023
- Zambia Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment