Location : Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Closing date : 14 December 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Specialist -Dentist
Purpose of Job
To provide technical comprehensive Oral and Dental Health services for MHSD clients to achieve the objectives of AU
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the Division and Directorate;
- Identifies best practices and monitors effectiveness of the division/directorate’s support to AU;
- Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develops training materials and provides necessary training and support to Organization Units;
- Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats disease, abnormalities, injuries and dysfunctional disorders of the oral cavity and its associated structures, including problems of greater than normal difficulty.
- Examines patients and interprets radiographs and diagnostic tests to determine type and extent of dental diseases and disabilities or dysfunctions.
- Follows dental service policies on management of specific oral diseases and defects and emergency procedures.
- Manages oral pathologies and treat oral manifestations of systemic diseases.
- Diagnoses and performs preventive and curative procedures including root canal therapy on anterior and posterior teeth for both children and adults.
- Develops proposals for the improvement of services and upgrading of the UNIT.
- Participates in the development and delivery of health promotion, disease prevention and occupational Health and Safety programs of the Directorate (including HIV and AIDS in the workplace).
- Gives the required attention and care to the equipment and regularly check their functions and strive to bring in new technologies to the Dental Unit.
- Quantifies and forecasts requirements of medical supplies and equipment for procurement and submit on time to the supervisor.
- Participates in the AU Medical Board in determining the necessity for medical evacuations.
- Participates in the activities of the Division including preparing SOPs, patient information and education leaflets, and fact sheets.
- Compiles information, such as technical terms used in legal settings, into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) with Master degree and clinical specialization in one of the dental fields (Orthodontist, Oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Prosthodontist) or Fellowship of the Regional College of Dental Surgeons, with eight (10) years relevant experience which should be 6 years at managerial level and 3 years at supervisory level
- Must have clinical practice in a tertiary level government hospital, private practice or International Organization (as a Dentist), including at least five (5) years as a specialist in Clinical Dentistry.
- Must currently be working in a clinical role.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine as a Dental Specialist in his/her home country or country of residence, as at the time of application.
- Experience as head of a clinical unit, section, service or department will be an advantage
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Knowledge and working understanding of international and regional guidelines for managing medical conditions.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Clinical and surgical skills.
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft office suite, stock management software packages and Hospital Information Systems
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, processes and standards
- Report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another is an added advantage
Strategic Insight ….
Developing others ….
Managing Risk ….
Building Relationship ….
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Job Knowledge Sharing;
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Orientation:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 14th 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment