Location : Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Closing date : 15 December 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Specialist – Obstetrician Gynecologist
Purpose of Job
To provide technical leadership for the provision of specialist care in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and actively participate in the preparation and implementation of Reproductive Health activities within the AU Community.
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the Division and Directorate;
- Identifies best practices and monitors effectiveness of the Division/Directorate’s support to AU;
- Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develops training materials and provides necessary training and support to Organization Units;
- Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
- Runs a client-friendly out-patient clinic consultation in both Gynecology and Obstetrics, including antenatal and post natal clinics.
- Performs Obstetric and Obstetric-Gynaecologic ultrasonography, preventive and curative interventions including immunizations, prevention of STIs and screening for Breast and reproductive tract tumours.
- Serves as the focal expert in Reproductive Health, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, providing guidance and actively participating in the progressive upgrade and improvement of these services.
- Provides specialist level clinical consultation, investigations and treatment for female and male patients.
- Performs gynaecological/ Obstetric ultrasonography and modern gynaecological endoscopic procedures (like colposcopy, laparoscopy etc).
- Performs common Obstetric/Gynecologic procedures e.g. Pap smear test, cervical biopsy, dilatation and curettage and carry out Caesarian sections and other procedures in our minor theatre, where necessary.
- Performs ward rounds regularly on all admitted patients and provide high level input into their management. Arranges their referral or medical evacuation where necessary and follow up their management.
- Leads the establishment of a prenatal, labour and post natal unit within the MHSD and with the Paediatrician, the establishment of a special care baby unit.
- In collaboration with other Physicians, prepare SOPs for the management of priority Obstetric and gynaecological conditions and procedures; and ensure that these are followed.
- Regularly evaluating women health needs in the AU Commission, and among families from African Member States Embassies in Ethiopia.
- Contributes to training programs and workshops for continuous medical education at the Medical and Health Services Directorate; including mentoring, regular training and support for clinical attachés.
- Participates in the MHSD on call duty and 24 hour MHSD coverage roster.
- Evaluates service provision for clients and make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Participates in the development and delivery of health promotion, disease prevention and occupational Health and Safety programs of the Directorate (including Breast and Reproductive cancer screening, HIV and AIDS in the workplace).
- Quantifies and forecasts requirements of Obst/ Gynae supplies and equipment for procurement and submits on time to the supervisor.
- Participates in the AU Medical Board in determining the necessity for medical evacuations, prepares the clinical information and presents same to the Medical Board for clearance. Plays an active role in the management of the evacuation process, monitors the progress of the evacuees and facilitates their return home and/or to work.
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- MD, BMBCh or MBBS degree, with a clinical specialization in Obstetrics-Gynecology (Fellowship of a Regional College of Surgeons or equivalent) with 10 years’ post qualification relevant experience of clinical practice in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology, work experience with a government or private hospital, and an International Organization is essential which 6 years at expert/specialist level and 3 years at Supervisor level.
- Experience as head of a clinical unit, Obstetrics-Gynecology Service, Section or Department will be an advantage.
- Must currently be working in a clinical role and performing Obstetric and Gynecologic ultrasound scans.
- Must be licensed to practice as a Specialist Obstetrician-Gynaecologist in his/her home country or country of residence, at the time of application.
- Additional qualifications in any of the gynecological subspecialties (like gynecological infectious diseases or oncology) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve results
- Knowledge in gynaecological/ Obstetric ultrasonography and modern gynaecological endoscopic procedures (like colposcopy, laparoscopy).
- Knowledge in international and regional guidelines for managing Obstetric and gynaecological conditions.
- Computer literacy skills: familiar with hospital Information Systems and able to use various continuous medical education tools including internet based ones like telemedicine.
- Ability to communicate scientific information as evidenced by scientific / other publications to colleagues and clients.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize emergency cases.
- Interpersonal and professional manners.
- Knowledge in conducting clinical audits.
- Records management and confidentiality skills.
- Communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in teams in a complex, multi-cultural, multi ethnic environment to achieve Unit goals.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Developing others ….
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Learning Orientation ….
Communicating with Influence…
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge Sharing…
Drive for Results…
Continuous improvement orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal-opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than December 15, 2022.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Algeria Jobs
- Angola Jobs
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Azerbaijan Jobs
- Benin Jobs
- Botswana Jobs
- Burkina Faso Jobs
- Burundi Jobs
- Cameroon Jobs
- Cape Verde jobs
- Careers A-Z
- Central African Republic (CAR) Jobs
- Chad Jobs
- China jobs
- Common Interview Questions
- Comoros jobs
- companies in zimbabwe
- Congo-Brazzaville Jobs
- Cuba Jobs
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Jobs
- Djibouti Jobs
- Dominican Republic Jobs
- Ecuador Jobs
- Egypt Jobs
- El Salvador Jobs
- Equatorial Guinea Jobs
- Eritrea jobs
- Ethiopia Jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Gabon Jobs
- Gambia Jobs
- Ghana Jobs
- Guatemala Jobs
- Guinea Jobs
- Haiti Jobs
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- Indonesia Jobs
- International Day
- International Jobs
- Israel Jobs
- Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) Jobs
- Japan Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jordan Jobs
- Kazakhstan Jobs
- Kenya Jobs
- Lesotho Jobs
- Liberia Jobs
- Madagascar Jobs
- Malawi Jobs
- Mali Jobs
- Mauritania Jobs
- Mexico Jobs
- Morocco Jobs
- Mozambique Jobs
- Myanmar Jobs
- Namibia Jobs
- Nepal Jobs
- Niger Jobs
- Nigeria Jobs
- NURSING INTAKE
- Pakistan Jobs
- Peru Jobs
- Philippines Jobs
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Rwanda Jobs
- Senegal Jobs
- Sierra Leone Jobs
- Somalia Jobs
- South Africa (SA) Jobs
- South Sudan Jobs
- Sri Lanka Jobs
- Sudan jobs
- Switzerland Jobs
- Tanzania Jobs
- Teachers College
- Thailand Jobs
- Togo Jobs
- Tunisia Jobs
- Uganda Jobs
- Ukraine Jobs
- United Kingdom Jobs
- United State of America (USA) Jobs
- University Programmes
- Uzbekistan Jobs
- Viet Nam Jobs
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- Whatsapp Group Links 2023
- Zambia Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment