Location : Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Closing date : 14 December 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Specialist – Pediatrician
Purpose of Job
To provide technical medical consultations, diagnosis and treatment for MHSD infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents to achieve AU goals and objectives
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate;
- Identifies best practices and monitors effectiveness of the Division/Directorate’s support to AU;
- Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participates in/ensure their implementation
- Involved in negotiations;
- Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develops training materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units;
- Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
- Provides routine and emergency consultation, investigations and treatment for MHSD infants, toddlers, children and adolescents.
- Refers clients, when necessary to appropriate medical specialists locally or abroad and follows up on their management.
- Performs preventive and curative interventions in Internal Medicine, including immunizations, screening for communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Conducts a series of tests and checks to assess patient health, ranging from ear, nose, and throat examinations to reflex, pulmonary, and respiratory tests.
- Monitors vaccination program throughout their different developmental stages in close collaboration with parents.
- Prepares SOPs for the management of priority medical conditions and procedures; and ensures that these are followed.
- Performs ward rounds regularly on all admitted patients and provide high level input into their management.
- Contributes to training programs and workshops for continuous medical education at the Medical and Health Services Directorate; including mentoring, regular training and support for clinical attachés.
- Participates in the MHSD on call duty and 24 hour MHSD coverage roster.
- Undertakes evaluation of services for clients and make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Participates in the development and delivery of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Trains, teaches and supervises junior staff during their orientations to familiarize with medical delivery systems in primary health care settings at the AUC-MHSD.
- Quantifies and forecasts requirements of supplies and equipment for procurement and submit on time to the supervisor.
- Participates in the AU Medical Board in determining the necessity for medical evacuations, prepare the clinical information and present same to the Medical Board for clearance.
- Provides support for the management of the evacuation process, monitor the progress of the evacuees and facilitate their return.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats disease, abnormalities, injuries and dysfunctional disorders in children.
- Monitors vaccination program in all developmental stages in close collaboration with parents.
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- MD, BMBCh or MBBS Degree, with eight (10) years’ post qualification experience with clinical specialization in pediatrics internal medicine (Fellowship of the Regional College of Physicians or equivalent) which 6 years should be Expert/specialist level and 3 years at supervisory level.
- Must currently be working in a clinical role.
- At least eight (08) years of clinical practice in a tertiary level government hospital, private practice or International Organization (as a Medical Doctor), including at least five (5) years as a pediatrician.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine as a pediatrician in his/her home country or country of residence, as at the time of application.
- Experience as head of a clinical unit, section, service or department will be an advantage.
- Additional qualification in any of the sub specialties in Internal Medicine will be an added advantage.
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Knowledge and working understanding of international and regional guidelines for managing medical conditions.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Must have excellent and up dated clinical skills.
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft office suite and Hospital Information Systems
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, processes and standards
- Report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight ….
- Developing Others
- Change Management….
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships…
- Accountable and Complies with Rules..
- Learning Orientation;
- Communicating with Influence:
- Conceptual thinking ….
- Job Knowledge Sharing…
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 14th December 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment