Station : Rabat, Morocco
Closing Date : 19 September 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Statistical Assistant
Purpose of Job
The Statistical Assistant reports to the Statistician on the assigned AU Region, and is responsible for collecting quantitative migration data.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic and annual activity work-plans for his/her assigned AU Region in line with the Observatory’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities.
- Compile, process and manipulate data sets derived from a variety of sources with macro programming.
- Assemble and examine original statistical material to ensure accuracy, clarity and validity; make appropriate adjustments.
- Update statistical series in established formats. Apply new data and derived statistics, enter data on survey reports, and provide information for publication.
- Prepare charts, graphs and other outputs for reporting and presentation of various data.
- Maintain relevant computerized databases.
- Respond to internal/external requests on questions related to specific programme(s).
- Prepare data sets upon request, respond to queries/requests and maintain/update web pages.
- Participate in organizing regional and continental workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Statistician.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in a numerate discipline such as Statistics, Demography, Mathematics, Computer Science or Survey Methodology or other related disciplines.
- Higher academic qualification (Bachelor Degree) in similar field is an advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) and two (2) years of continuous and combined experience for Diploma and Bachelor Degree graduates, in working with survey data and secondary data.
- Experience in data management in a similar organization is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical ability.
- A clear understanding of statistical terms and concepts
- Written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and adjust priorities as required. Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Ability to identify, extract, process, analyze and disseminate statistical data.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including word-processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications and experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Personal commitment, goal oriented and drive for results, flexibility and respect for diversity.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful and resilient
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 19,485.00 (GSA6 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary for internationally recruited candidates), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum) for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than September 19, 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment