Job Vacancies for Team Assist, SNAC in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire at The African Development Bank AFDB, August 2023. Opportunities in Africa near me
Location : Côte d’Ivoire
Closing Date : 02 September 2023
African Development Bank (AFDB)
Full vacancy title: Team Assistant, SNAC
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: GS5
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries (RMC). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Senior Vice-President is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objectives and drive a performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The Senior Vice-President will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The Senior Vice-President will lead senior management discussions, decisions-making processes and the implementation of strategic board and management decisions to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
The Staff Grievance Committee (STAGRICO) formerly, Staff Appeals Committee, SNAC, is a formal dispute resolution mechanism mandated to hear all appeals against any contested administrative decision concerning matters within its competence and to submit non-binding recommendations to the President of the Bank. It is intended to facilitate a fair settlement of the staff members’ grievances arising from their terms, conditions, and benefits of employment. The Committee is composed of 22 Members including a Chairperson and an Alternate Chairperson. The remaining 20 Members include (10) ten Presidential nominees and (10) ten others nominated by the Staff Council.
The Job of Team Assistant which falls under General Support Services that provides administrative support for the Secretariat and to the Committee, is to assist the Executive Team Assistant of the Committee in the management of the Appeals files, the organization of the oral and hearing sessions.
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Team Assistant to Staff Grievance Committee, the Team Assistant performs the following:
- Provide preliminary assistance to members of staff wishing to file an Application or seeking information and documentation related to the peer review procedure.
- Provide the necessary assistance to the staff members by providing them relevant documents, forms, the Presidential instructions, the Rules of Procedure of the Committee, the Staff Rules of the Bank, and all the prescribed procedures;
- Put at the disposal of the Staff the different forms and options to file an Application;
- Direct potential Applicants to the Executive Team Assistant of the Committee for any legal guidance.
- Manage the Applicant’s files and the Written proceedings
- Receive and control the files submitted by the Applicants and the Respondent. Verify the conformity (date, delays, format) of all the submitted document to the Committee;
- Transmit all the written proceedings (exchanges) between parties, members of the Committee and make sure that time delays are strictly respected;
- Transmit systematically all the document to the translation department and do the follow-up;
- Draft in both official languages of the Bank, notification, memorandum, invitation etc. and submit it to the Executive Team Assistant for signature;
- Update the confidential physical and electronic record of the files containing all the proceedings, the addresses of the Applicants and records on their lawyers;
- Ensure that all entries are classified and matches (physical and electronic files);
- Arrange for the reproduction and dispatching of the writings to the parties and to the Committee members.
- Monitor the Case Management Data Base by updating litigation and statistical information.
- Provide logistic and administrative support for the sessions
- Make reservation for a meeting room with relevant department in charge;
- Make reservation of interpretation services;
- Make reservation of coffee-break, lunch etc.;
- Arrange for accommodation, per diem and tickets for Applicants may come for a hearing;
- Plan for the videoconference, recording of hearings, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of the Unit budget
- Provide the Executive Team Assistant with estimated accounting data, projections of expenses necessary to run the sessions and all other program to meet the Unit objective as defined by the Executive Team Assistant;
- Arrange the annual work program with the Executive Team Assistant;
- Monitor and review budget expenditure throughout the year;
- Maintain an overview of the divisional budget to draw the attention of the Executive Team Assistant to any discrepancy in implementing the work program.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration, or related discipline.
- At least four (4) years of relevant and practical experience in administrative and secretarial roles, in similar offices of international Organizations, Development Banks or similar institutions;
- The ability to provide direct analytical support in the unit’s services such as administrative processing;
- Representing the unit at Bank’s meetings as needed at a non-managerial level;
- The capacity to assimilate the work unit objectives, and services to clients;
- The ability to assimilate the unit’s technical vocabulary.
- The ability to maintain an overview of the divisional budget , to draw the attention of the head of the unit to any discrepancy, in order to avoid disruption in the running of the sessions;
- The ability to plan and initiate the administrative work on time, considering the various parties involved in the Peer Review process, in order to avoid delays and be able to carry through the work programme;
- The incumbent should maintain a good relationship with the other departments involved in the implementation of the work programme, especially with PGCL, PGLS, HR, etc.
- Working knowledge of policies, administrative procedures, and practices relevant to peer review;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable;
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Zimbabwe School of Mines Courses August 2023/2024 Intakes
- Mkoba Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS) Vacancies August 2023
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Vacancies August 2023
- Plumtree Town Council Vacancies August 2023
- Chirundu Local Board Vacancies August 2023
- Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) Vacancies August 2023
- Job Vacancies at Food and Nutrition Council (FNC) August 2023
- Tsholotsho Rural District Council Vacancies August 2023
- Rural Electrification Fund Vacancies August 2023
- Aviation Training Academy of Zimbabwe (ATAZ)
- Industrial Training and Trade Testing Department : Apprenticeship Training in Zimbabwe
- Accreditation of Journalists and Other Media Practitioners in Zimbabwe
- Talk about Drugs, Job search and Drug abuse 2023
- The State of Consumer Services Jobs: An Overview of the Industry
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic Faculty of Education Courses and Job Opportunities
- Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme (MSc) 2024
- AAUW International Fellowships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2024
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel