Station : Pan-African University, Cameroon
Closing Date : 11 July 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Vice Rector
Purpose of Job
This is an executive position within the Pan African University’s Management structure. Reporting to the Rector, the holder of this position will serve as the Chief Academic Officer and will provide leadership for the planning, development, implementation, coordination, standards, assessment, and administration of all academic programs and academic support, including oversight of Libraries resources. He/She shall also be in charge of student affairs, and will provide the executive leadership and accountability for the administration, development, assessment and improvement of student services and experiences which meet and support the University’s vision and missions In addition, He/she shall serve as Chief University Advancement executive charged with raising the overall profile of the University and coordinating alumni, diaspora and private sector relations.
- Coordinate the Vice Rector Office activities and ensure timely delivery of set goals
- Manage the work of the Office and supervise direct/indirect reports to ensure their effective performance as per organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Contribute in design of strategies and policies consistent with the PAU’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
- Contribute to the development of the PAU business continuity plan and ensure implementation;
- Ensure risk management and recommend mitigation strategies;
- Develop new and expand on existing activities as components of the strategies and policies;
- Engage stakeholders within Members States and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
- Represent the organisation and explain its position at conferences.
- Mobilise resources from donors to implement strategies and activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Coordinate the planning, development and evaluation of academic programs, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate the evaluation and review of academic programs and curriculum development
- Coordinate with the relevant national, regional, continental and international accreditation and quality assurance agencies
- Supervise the Directors of the five thematic institutes and affiliate centres, and evaluating their recommendations for faculty hiring, promotion, and tenure and forwarding them to the Rector
- Supervise budget preparation for the academic and academic-related programs.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing innovative and proactive programs, services, and procedures which respond to the changing needs and requirements of the University’s student community and which enhance the University’s viability for student recruitment and retention purposes.
- Serve as the Chief spokesperson for the Rector on matters related to academic and student affairs
- Foster cross-Institute co-operation in the furtherance of the University’s Mission Statement and Strategic Plan and in the effective utilization of University resources
- Serve as the chief advisor to the Rector on strategic matters related to planning and educational services issues and other administrative concerns of the University
- Coordinate the development of diaspora and alumni and private sector relations
- Promote and implement the University’s policies on equal opportunities
- Perform other related tasks and related responsibilities as assigned by the Rector
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- PhD and a full professor in the field of science, technology or engineering or social sciences, and humanities of a recognized university, with fourteen (14) years of relevant post-graduate progressive academic experience of which seven (7) years at a senior academic leadership position, in a recognized university;
- Having held the administrative positions of Vice Rector/ Deputy Vice Chancellor, Rector/Vice-Chancellor within a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must have a prominent academic profile with evidence of high quality research work in the course of his/her career.
- Experience in fund-raising for international projects is desirable
- Highly conversant in the cultures and changing landscapes of higher education internationally
- Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and programme/project management, implementation and monitoring;
- Strong background of research and publications, a prominent profile in the relevant academic community and a proven record of effective leadership and management experience at a senior level in an academic/research institution
- Ability to communicate orally with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to express ideas and formulate plans by means of clear and effective writing and oral presentations.
- Ability to draft conceptual and detailed reports/papers and review/edit the work of others.
- Ability to prepare rationale with respect to key financial and administrative decisions.
- Ability to negotiates effectively.
- Keeps abreast of available technology and understands its applicability to the work of the Organization
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery.
- Good computer literacy
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish); fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Communicating with impact
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Fosters Innovation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 61,023.00 (P6 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (48% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff
View more HERE
Applications must be made not later than July 11, 2022.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment