What is a Video CV?
A video cv is a short video recording that candidates use to apply for jobs. Some recruiters may request a video cv during the application process. Or maybe you want to stand out from the crowd and get more interviews.With a video resume, you can talk directly with potential employers about why you are particularly good for the position. It will be a strong addition to your application and will allow your personality and creativity to set you apart from other candidates.
How long is a Video CV?
A video cv is normally kept short, typically between 30 seconds to two minutes long and highlights your background, skills and qualifications. Keep it in brief, any longer and it is likely that your viewer could get bored and switch off.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Video CVs
Before you create one, it’s important to know when it is and isn’t an appropriate option . The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using one.
Advantages of Video CVs
- Demonstrate Skills – Video Cvs help you physically demonstrate skills such as communication and IT skills. We now live in a technological world and you need to showcase the technical skills to match.
- Stand out from the crowd – Uniqueness can give you an edge against an equally qualified candidate.
- Gives insight into the personality of a candidate. A video CV, allows the candidate to get comfortable in front of the camera and display their passion for the role through tone of voice and body language, which can instantly give the employer an insight into whether the individual is really dedicated for the role.
- Illustrates your creativity – Video CVs are a best way to showcase your creatity.
Disadvantages of Video CVs
- Time Consuming – Video CVs are time consuming to film and edit. It will take a lot of time to create unique, professional quality videos. Your CV should always be tailored to the position you’re applying for. The same goes for video CVs, so be prepared to spend the time making more than one.
- Discrimination – Video CVs may lead to discrimination of the applicants by the employers on the basis of their looks, religion, gender or physical nature. The traditional CV compels the recruiter to consider only the credentials of the applicant only.
- Unavailability of Technology – Employers can be using different technology and may not be able to view your CV. It may happen that due to unavailability of superior broadband, high speed internet connection or compatible browser that is required to view the emailed video CVs, the employer is unable to view the CV and consider the application.
Creating a good Video CV
A badly done video cv will reduce your chances of getting hired. Below are some of the tips of making a good video CV
- It Create a script
- Test your equipment
- Dress appropriately
- Talk clearly
- Rewatch your video
- Edit your video
What should I say in a video CV?
Self-introduction An introduction: who you are and why you want the job
why you’re applying for the position
Include key accomplishments
- The most relevant information regarding your skills and their applicability to the job you are applying for
- Some insight into what drives you and what you are looking for
- Include some appropriately eye-catching props – this is a visual presentation, after all
- Contact details where the recruiter can get hold of you at any time
- A thank-you note at the end of the video for taking the time to watch, and for considering you for employment. Make sure that your final product exudes good production values
Video CV Script Example
Video CV script
Hello, my name is [your name] and i’m a with [X] years of experience in the .
I’m applying for the role at [company name] because I believe my core values and skills align perfectly with what [company name] is searching for.
I’ve had a passion for [your career field] for as long as I can remember and have pursued this passion by volunteering at [name of organizations], getting a degree in [career role], [list certifications], as well as many personal projects, such as [list related personal projects].
Also, apart from meeting the requirements for the position, I can also bring other skills that are sure to benefit [company name] bottom line.
For example, [list of relevant quantified results and accomplishments throughout your career].
Honestly, as you can see from the video I get excited from just talking about the possibilities of working for [company name]. It has always been a dream of mine.
Thank you so much for your time, and am looking forward to hearing from you.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment